How much does a divorce cost in Buffalo NY?
How much does a divorce cost in Buffalo NY? A no-fault divorce can range from $1,500 to $2,000, while contested divorces usually run about $4,500. It’s clear that a highly-contested divorce that requires a lot of court intervention, or involves time-consuming attempts to resolve disagreements will cost a lot more.
How much does a simple divorce cost in New York? An uncontested divorce costs at least $335 in total court and filing fees. This does not include the cost of a lawyer, photocopies, notary fees, transportation, mailing, process server fees, etc.
How do I find a divorce lawyer in NY?
- The Collaborative Family Law Center: https://www.nycourts.gov/ip/collablaw/index.shtml.
- CourtHelp’s Lawyer Locator: https://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/GoingToCourt/findlawyer.shtml.
- LawHelp.org: http://www.lawhelpny.org/
How can I get a divorce for free in NYC?
- City Bar Justice Center. (212) 382-6600.
- NOW NYC Service Fund.
- Gay Men’s Health Crisis Legal Services & Advocacy Dept.
- The Door ‘s Legal Services Center.
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF)
- Safe Horizon.
- New York County Lawyers’ Association.
- Her Justice.