How much does a US immigration lawyer cost?
How much does a US immigration lawyer cost? An immigration lawyer charges between $150 and $300 per hour, with a typical 30-min consultation fee of $75 to $150. Legal assistance when filing basic immigration forms costs $250 to $800, while green card assistance runs from $800 to $5,000, plus the USCIS fees of $460 to $700.
Where can I find a US immigration lawyer?
- Ask Friends or Other Contacts for an Immigration Lawyer Referral.
- Contact a Lawyer Bar Association.
- Research Immigration Lawyers Online.
- Beware of Non-Lawyers Offering Legal Services.
- Contact Prospective Immigration Attorneys.
Do I need a lawyer to get a US visa? You are not required to have a lawyer when applying for an immigrant visa or green card in the United States or overseas.
How can I legally immigrate to the US?
- In most cases, someone must sponsor you or file an immigrant petition for you.
- Wait until the petition is approved and a visa is available in your category. Then apply for an immigrant visa.
- Get a medical examination.
- Go to an interview.
- Wait for a decision on your application.