How much does it cost to get a divorce if both parties agree in Texas?
How much does it cost to get a divorce if both parties agree in Texas? How Much Does an Uncontested Divorce Cost in Texas? The average cost of uncontested divorce in Texas ranges between $300 and $5,000, depending on whether lawyers are involved. In general, it is the cheapest and the quickest option available in any state.
How long does it take to get a divorce in San Antonio Texas? Under Texas law, there is a waiting period of at least 60 days—counted beginning the day after the Petition is filed—before a divorce can be finalized. A divorce can take longer than 60 days, but it cannot be finalized in fewer than 60 days unless one of two exceptions involving family violence applies.
What is the average cost of a divorce in Texas? The average cost of a divorce in Texas is $15,600 if there are no kids involved and $23,500 if there are kids involved. That makes the state the fifth highest in the country for divorce cost, according to USA Today.
How do I start a divorce in San Antonio?
- 1 – Filing the Petition for Divorce. The first thing that you will need to do start the divorce process is file a petition for divorce.
- 2 – Serve Divorce Papers.
- 3 – Final Decree of Divorce.
- 4 – Finalizing the Divorce.
- Hire a Divorce Attorney to Handle Your Divorce.