How much does it cost to hire an immigration lawyer in the US?
How much does it cost to hire an immigration lawyer in the US? An immigration lawyer charges between $150 and $300 per hour, with a typical 30-min consultation fee of $75 to $150. Legal assistance when filing basic immigration forms costs $250 to $800, while green card assistance runs from $800 to $5,000, plus the USCIS fees of $460 to $700.
How many lawyers does the United States have? There are 1.3 million lawyers in the US
According to the American Bar Association’s 2020 ABA Profile of the Legal Profession, there are currently about 1.3 million lawyers in the US. Specifically, for every 1,000 residents in the US, there are only four lawyers.
What percent of the US population is lawyers? According to the American Bar Association there are currently 1,116,967 lawyers practicing in the United States. That is approximately one for every 300 people, or approximately 0.36% of the total population.
What type of lawyers make the most money?
- Medical Lawyers – Average $138,431. Medical lawyers make one of the highest median wages in the legal field.
- Intellectual Property Attorneys – Average $128,913.
- Trial Attorneys – Average $97,158.
- Tax Attorneys – Average $101,204.
- Corporate Lawyers – $116,361.