Is legal aid available for immigration cases?
Is legal aid available for immigration cases? With over 190 specialist Immigration solicitors’ and immigration lawyers, we can bring the highest level of expertise to your immigration matter. Our immigration solicitors can provide free legal advice assistance, in some immigration cases through Legal Aid funding which is free to you.
How much does it cost to hire an immigration lawyer in the US? An immigration lawyer charges between $150 and $300 per hour, with a typical 30-min consultation fee of $75 to $150. Legal assistance when filing basic immigration forms costs $250 to $800, while green card assistance runs from $800 to $5,000, plus the USCIS fees of $460 to $700.
Is Pro Bono the same as legal aid? Pro bono work is legal advice or representation provided free of charge by legal professionals in the public interest. This can be to individuals, charities or community groups who cannot afford to pay for legal help and cannot get legal aid or any other means of funding.
How do I find a lawyer in Seattle?
- Northwest Justice Project. nwjustice.org. (206) 464-1519.
- Neighborhood Legal Clinics. www.kcba.org/pbs/NLC.aspx.
- Lawyer Referral Service. www.kcba.org/For-the-Public/Hire-a-Lawyer.
- Legal Voice (formerly Northwest Women’s Law Center) www.legalvoice.org.
- Northwest Justice Project. nwjustice.org.