What can you do if you get scammed by a car dealership?
What can you do if you get scammed by a car dealership? If the dealership is creating false or deceptive advertisements, you’ll want to file your complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or FTC. However, for issues such as errors in your auto-loan or contract agreement, you’ll want to file your complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau instead.
How do you prove car fraud?
- Damage, hide, or abandon your vehicle on purpose, with the intent to collect car insurance proceeds for it;
- Knowingly submit a fraudulent auto insurance claim for a loss due to damage, destruction, or theft of a vehicle;
How do I sue a car dealership in Virginia?
- Completing the Online Request for Consumer Assistance Form.
- Emailing the MVDB at email@example.com.
- Calling the MVDB Consumer Assistance Analysts at (804) 367-1100.
- Faxing a written request and supporting documentation to (804) 367-1053.
What is automotive fraud? Auto dealer fraud describes deceptive and unlawful practices used by automobile dealers. This type of fraud can occur at any stage of the vehicle purchase process, from advertising to negotiation of vehicle pricing and financing terms.